It’s been almost six weeks since my last post! Holy cramoly! A lot has happened in those six weeks…so here’s a rundown:
- I officially became “attached” again, and I’m super duper excited over it! He’s wonderful, sweet, loving, a great dad, and puts me FIRST. Say what?! Yep….I’m sticking with my New Year’s Resolution, and so far all I’m seeing ahead are green lights.
- Maycee had an absolutely awesome first day of school! We practiced and practiced in preparation for the change of going from summer camp back to the school yard, and it went off without a hitch. I’m so proud of my girl, so proud of all of her progress. Anxiety Disorder is tricky; it really tries to undermine the soul at any chance it gets, but neither one of us is willing to let that happen.
- I turned 40. It’s true. It happened. I’m alive, and I’M LOVING IT!
- My horse lease on Hi-C ended, abruptly, and without much grace on the part of the lessor. So, I’m having to move on to greener pastures and have decided to take the plunge into horse ownership. I’m leaving it in God’s hands….if it’s meant to be, it will be. Yes, I know, as a single mom it is probably not the most financially fit decision I will make, but when it comes to matters of the heart, I know it will fill a big hole that is gaping right now. In turn, Maycee and I have found a terrific new ranch, Greengate Ranch, to take lessons at, and we will both be learning the discipline of Western riding. Maycee has dreams to barrel race, and I plan to help her fulfill them. Hopefully, we will be able to board “our” horse there one day and ride the trails around the vineyard, which just happens to have been planted by my very own workplace!
- We’ve begun harvest! Yes! My work duties have doubled , our crop is quite large, leading to more hours and more excitement. This is a much-needed situation for this single working mom, so I’m counting my blessings and looking forward to a fast and furious harvest season!
- Intertwined and in between all of these events we’ve been having fun. Yes, HAVING FUN! Trips to Heaven Can Wait, the beach, visiting family, and last weekend, doing the I Madonnari Street Painting Festival for the 4th year in a row!
So, there you have it. Now enjoy some pics below, and have a blast clicking on the links above to check out some of my older posts that I love. I hope all of YOU have been doing wonderfully, and even though I might not get to write as often as I like for the moment, I will be hanging around indefinitely!
Remember…life is short…it’s important to do the footwork, enjoy the view, and follow your dreams. And, when you hit a bumpy patch, well, naturally, give a chuckle.